Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Star Wars Stuntman that fought for General Lee


Recently Apple released the new IOS8 operating system. This is usually not a big deal when the system updates. Some font changes, new little tricks, and change some colors but usually not a big deal, except this time. I went to update and it tells me I do not have enough room on my phone to update (if it would have been Siri telling my instead of me reading it on my screen, my phone would have ended up in the canal behind the house). So I go about deleting APPS and transferring videos to the Cloud and hard drive, still not enough room. So I go about taking music off of the phone, still not enough room. So I take all my photos that are over six months old and back them up to the hard drive, finally I can update. Update goes fine, I have my new fonts, new colors and some system that allows me to store credit card info on my phone now (quick rant about this. All the hacking on the cloud with our precious celebrities and they want me to store credit card information on my phone? No thank you. If I lose my phone or it’s stolen, now someone has all my photos and my credit cards. Stupid, stupid). Well, after this is all done, I go back on the phone and see that all my photos older that two weeks are off my phone. Well crap, where did they go? Look on the cloud not there. Look in my iPhone cache folder I created, not there. For some reason they went to some folder that was somehow created on my hard drive. The moral of the story: Technology is starting to escape me. I’m getting old or stupider or technology is just getting that much more advanced that quickly that I cannot keep up.
Now onto laundry picture of the week. I went to type up the blog this morning and to search for this week’s picture on that mystical folder that suddenly appeared (yes I realize it was probably something I did but I cannot figure out how I did it and therein lies the problem) for a picture I took last week. Again this comes courtesy of Connor and his shorts pocket.
 
I know what you’re thinking; gee another Lego picture, whoo hooo (again I call on someone to invent a universal sarcasm font) but look closer. That is an Evil Kenivel type figure with a Civil War era cap and an Imperial Star Fighter helmet (nerds I know that is probably not the right description, so if it isn’t comment below and I’ll fix it. If it is the right description, bully for me). Does the stuntman use his Imperial helmet during the show then wear the cap after? Does he wear the cap after the show because he lives in the South and he participates in reenactments in his spare time? Is the Imperial helmet part of his Cosplay outfit for Comic-Con? We may never know that answer to any of these questions and frankly I don’t want to. It’s so fun to see the personality that emerges from the way Connor plays with his Legos, the randomness is awesome and I have learned to appreciate. Alex is getting older so he is more in the building them to look at them, not play with them all the time, which is fine but sad at the same time, so I have learned to appreciate these little moments even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment