Thursday, September 11, 2014

Alexism???


In my life on a daily basis I deal with our boys, Lego’s, brotherly love and Connorism’s in some sort of combination. If not every day, it’s at least 6 of the 7 in a week; I deal with some of these. But what if these four forces combine all at once and it’s not a Connorism but Alexism?

Mandy is out of town on her girl trip with her Mom (no worries she’s only been gone a day and the boys and I are fine, so far….) so it’s my job for the weekend to take care of the little things that Mandy usually does. Cook, make lunches for school, take them to school, pick up from school, buy present for Alex’s friend b-day party tomorrow, and so on and so on. I got off easy tonight, it was a Spirit night for their school so I HAD to buy dinner at Chik-Fil-A. It was after dinner that we made our way to Target to buy a present for Alex’s friend who has a birthday party tomorrow. Let me back up a minute. The birthday party is tomorrow but due to some other circumstances, we cannot make it. Alex still wanted to buy this boy a present because he was invited and, “it’s the right thing to do.” How could you say no to that? So away to Target we go.

He wanted to get this boy some Pokémon cards. Sorry inserting side rant here. Pokémon? This is still a thing? Did it every really go away? I remember when Mandy and I started dating, her little brother was really into the Pokémon thing. That was 16 years ago. He used to play it on his Gameboy all the time. At least there is no Gameboy anymore. Crap they can play it on the DS’s now. Well hopefully they can’t watch the cartoons that he used to watch. Damn it, there is Netflix now and they have a dozen different options for Pokémon. You go to buy the packs of cards and I don’t kid when I say there were at least 10 different types of cards for this thing. So again I ask is this resurgence or did it never go away? I wish Mandy would have never let them get the cards (with their own money I add). Wait this just in. I let them get the cards. Mandy was firmly against them because she was there 16 years ago. Double damn. Side rant over.


So we pick up the cards (seriously a 10 minute process), a gift bag and tissue paper (I know there was probably some at the house but I’m not looking for it and Mandy is out of town. I win!). At this point we wander back to the toy section and more specifically the Lego aisle. It is here we see the new AT-AT Lego. Not a Star Wars nerd, well here is the AT-AT:

 All $110 of Lego AT-AT and of course both boys (ok all three of us) immediately want it. Side note, I really want the Snow Speeder one.
Ahhhhh trying to relive my childhood. Anyway, that is all they talk about throughout the rest of the store and on the way home. It was on the way home where boys, brotherly love, Lego’s and Alexism combined. Connor pipes off with, “Papa was it really that expensive?” “Yes Connor it was really $110,” I replied. “But I really want it,” he pleaded. “Well, unless you have $100 hidden in the folds of your neck, you’re not getting it,” was Alex’s retort. I say that to Connor and there are instant tears from him. Alex says it and we are all in tears from laughter. I don’t know where he came up with that. I would not have come up with that. The best part was the perfect dead pan delivery. He didn’t even look up from the Pokémon cards he was carrying. Didn’t crack a smile until Connor and I started to laugh. I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment