Monday, May 19, 2014

Quick Random Hits from the Weekend


Here are some quick random thoughts about the weekend in chronological order, well as chronological as I can remember.

DoTerra oil oregano, it says you can out a drop on a zit to help get rid of it. It will get rid of the zit and two layers of skin. Use very sparingly, it burns, literally burns.

Yard work again is my happy place. Until I see weeds, then it’s my personal battleground. Good vs. evil, Yankees vs. Redsox, BYU vs. Utah, Hawks vs. Wings, it all pales in comparison to the battle being waged in my yard right now. With IFA’s help I will prevail and beat those bastards. Not only do I have dandelions, we have discovered nightshade. Other than slashing and burning is there a good thing to get rid of that stuff?

Swimming lessons are progressing nicely. Alex is really picking it up, I quote the instructor, “his form is really good. His kicking is awesome and he has gotten (yes she said gotten. Grammar police back off) his rhythm together great. When he learns to put his face in the water fully he’ll be awesome.” Connor still likes it but he still gets scared of the water. It hasn’t helped that we keep getting different instructors for our supposed “private lesson” but Weber State is receiving an email today to see why that is.

As penance for past mistakes in my life, I have been cursed with a horrible short term memory. Case in point I forget to get a prescription from Costco during the week. As such we had to brave that place on a Saturday. However, this week we escaped unscathed. Well the family did, they copped out and got pizza while I went for my meds. The scars will heal someday (except for this damn oregano oil burn. Again use sparingly). Then we had to brave Lowes for some weed killer. Again I was sent in while the family went for that Hawaiian Ice place on Riverdale Road. Note to Hawaiian Ice place, you really should have more than one person working on a Saturday, just sayin’.

Mandy had a great night out with a friend at dinner on Saturday night. I was designated driver for a guy’s night for dinner and a RSL game. Guess who had the better evening?

If you haven’t been to the zoo to see the lions and new exhibit there, go it’s good to see lions back at the zoo.
See those two brown specs? Yup, lions.
 


 The main attraction though is this.
Who remembers this drinking fountain growing up? I loved this thing and it shows my age and maturity when I am more excited for this than some Simba wannabe.
Start humming Harry Potter theme.....now

The bird shows there are always fun. The boys had a great time. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for getting them in and allowing their parents to come along. 
Finally, here is another king in his domain.
He rules all that he sees.

Including a new addition to the yard we discovered this weekend. We’ll have a whole new family of robins soon.



That was our weekend. Hopefully, the burn on my face heals nicely. On the bright side, it’s nice to have a scar that smells like tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment