Monday, May 5, 2014

Lego of the Week

One of the first items I wrote about for this site was Legos. How they invade our lives daily for better or worse. He is the worse:
Try going the rest of the day without singing this. Your welcome.

I also said I would write and share with you some creations that the boys have done. I have failed to live up to that. They still build and play with them almost daily but I have neglected to show their creations. Life has been getting in the way of this blog lately. I usually write first thing in the morning or later at night but even then I have either slept in or been to busy or tired to write (there was my whine for the day). This past weekend was no exceptions. We had to make the yard and house clean for a little family get together to celebrate two of my sister-in-laws birthdays ( hey both their names start with D. Only a few people will get that joke but it was worth it). While Mandy dug up flower beds, I mowed and trimmed the lawn. Then it was to the store for more food we missed, back here to finish cleaning. Blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. It's life I know, I'll get over it. 

Yesterday was Star Wars day around the world. May the Fourth be with you. We celebrated by braving Costco and more yard work. Ok, we did have a picnic in the living room and watch Empire Strikes Back. 
Why that movie? Connor likes the Battle of Hoth and Alex's direct quote, "I don't like the newer ones, they just aren't as good as the old ones." I actually teared up. The boys built some Legos to celebrate. 

Here is Connors take on a Star Wars. A spooky ambulance. It's not Star Wars related but, oh wait this just in, Connor says it is so we run with it. It's a spooky rebel ambulance. 


Alex built this little guy in about ten minutes. 
It's his take on a Coruscant (spell check had a hard time with that one) personal transport. For the uneducated, Coruscant is the capital Planet of the Empire and the Republic before it. The entire planet is one big city so you'll need a personal transport. 

I went almost a week between posts and really I am feeling better due to writing this morning. I truly do appreciate all who read this and have been commenting and encouraging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment