Monday, May 26, 2014

Lego Subs!


This week’s Lego of the Week was an undertaking and by undertaking I mean I didn’t do a damn thing. However, the boys had a great time reworking different Lego’s into their own creations to become MASTER BUILDERS. If you have seen the Lego Movie (yeah right if you have any kids between the ages of 3-33 you have seen the Lego Movie) you know what I mean. Did I mention that Lego Movie is now available on ITunes and your Apple TV? You didn’t know? No worries, if you need to know anything about the movie just ask one of my boys. They will gladly rehash the entire 100 minute film in chilling accuracy for you. I am venting now to you (and to let off steam. Damn Blackhawks pull you s*%t together. I shouldn’t blog and watch hockey at the same time) about Legos because a certain little boy has a Birthday the end of this week and all I will hear about for the next three, maybe four weeks are Legos and which ones he received and which ones he now wants. Sigh. (Speaking of sigh. They need two fonts. One for sighing and they definitely need a sarcasm font. Of course I would only type in the sarcasm font but it would be helpful for text messages and Facebook posts. In fact I came to the realization last week that my sarcasm and dry humor is so advanced that people just think I’m jerk. Sigh. Back to your regularly scheduled blog post.) On to their Lego’s. 

Connors entry this week comes to you courtesy of Lego Atlantis; yes there is a Lego Atlantis, thank you Netflix. We don’t own any sets from the Lego Atlantis series, mostly because we didn’t know they existed until last Thursday, but never less Connor decided we needed a set.
This is his interpretation of a land sub. Land sub? Oxymoron much. 
Stay with me on this one, it will make sense. In the cartoon of Lego Atlantis they all are in submarines that they build from vehicles. One of the subs they build is a sub that crawls on the bottom of the ocean floor, land sub. I had the same reaction I’m sure you all just had when I typed Land Sub but it was explained to me plainly by Connor, “Papa, you know drives on the ocean floor.” Insert eye rolls here. See that is why there are wearing helmets, I mean “air masks,” so they can drive in the ocean on the land floor. 
Yes that is a Stormtrooper helmet. 
This is literally about the tenth reimaging of his Lego. Just when I would take a picture of it to post, he would come and change it. Hence the undertaking I mentioned earlier. Alex’s was a much easier process. 

Alex also stayed with the submarine theme but took a different tact.  He made a Bat Sub, as in Batman sub for you Marvel comic snobs. (I know marvel is bigger but Batman is better. Suck it Wolverine. Yes I still will see the new X-men movie. Looks epic.) Alex took this:
I had to find a picture online because as you know, the sets never stay in their intended state for long!  
And transformed it into this:

Batsub! (patent pending) 
I am always amazed at how they can think of this stuff. Connor’s randomness is fun but Alex’s attention to detail to use all the parts, no extras from other sets, from one vehicle and morph them into another is awesome in my eyes. I was never that good with Legos. I build an awesome tower or staircase but that is the extent of my abilities. He did this in about ten minutes. It would have taken me ten hours just to come up with a schematic to begin to build. I know it doesn’t look like much but they are my boys and I’ll brag about them as I see fit.

 


Really the new X-men looks AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment