Friday, April 11, 2014

All Out

All the laundry pictures I have done so far have been, almost exclusively Connor related. It's been, Legos, candy wrappers, plastic knives, coins and a sticky hand. All Connor. Alex is strarting to get to that age where is more resposible, more mature. So he doesn't leave as much in is pockets. Who am I kidding? The only reason there hasn't been more Alex related pictures is because books, video games and baseballs won't fit in his pockets. Even his Lego's he is starting to leave intact more often than not.

I've been wracking my brain on how I can involve Alex more in this (he'll have his own post again tomorrow. So excited for tonight for him.). All kidding aside he is getting to that more independant stage of life. We (by we I mean Mandy) devloped a chore chart for both of them. They both have to have daily chores done to receive their allowance at the end of the week. Since we started this Alex has been gungho to get these chores done daily. He is making his bed, laying out his school clothes, helping with dinner and even sweeping floors. I know the great motivator is his money at the end of the week but isn't that what life is supposed to be about? Hard work, whether it be finicicnal or spiritual, has a reward at the end.

During last weeks laundry pic I mentioned that until Alex put more than grass stains on his pants, he probably would not be involved in this section. Well, someone gave me the great idea to write about the grass stains. I would give credit to the source of this inspiration but you know how mother-in-laws get if you give them credit for anything.




The picture above represents a pair of khakis that are only about a month old. What can this tell us about Alex? Well, first off it's part of a school uniform from the khaki material. The grass stain goes from top left to bottom right, so my guess is he fell and didn't slide on this one. That is just he superifical of what that tells me about my son.


 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment