Saturday, March 29, 2014

Lego

Today I wanted to write about something that can tear a family apart; Legos. Legos come across as these innocent little bits of plastic that are used to bolster kids imagination. Howeve, they are little blocks of doom. Need evidence,


This is an actual photo, not a representation. These blocks end up everywhere, floor, beds, washer, couches, chairs and because they end up in couches you can guess where also can end up. Not only are they weapons against anatomy, the cost of these Legos are up to around $2 a block. A block! Can you even by just the loose blocks anymore? I think they only come in sets of the latest movie craze such as Harry Potter or the Hobbit. Then if they run out of movie ideas they create their own sets. Ninjago and Chimea are examples. Then of course the ultimate case of indoctrinating our children; The Lego Movie. The movie is a propaganda piece designed to brainwash our kids into thinking its ok to destroy the sets and not follow the instructions. Just go listen to Everything is Awesome and youll know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Ahhhhh! Charge me $100 for a Hobbit town or X-Wing fighter then teach them it's ok to destroy it and build it different. It's unconstitutional. 
This shelf alone is around $1,200 worth. Allegedly. 

Now that my rant is over, I wouldn't have it any other way. The joy the boys have with these toys is worth my consternation I have with Legos. We have had countless hours building them together, (even though the last Lego Hero Alex had about killed his Grandfather and I. Thanks Santa) that really have brought the boys and I closer. 
In all seriousness this one did take around three hours. 

The boys can use there imagination and teamwork to build new items that they invented. If only they would pick them up. Tomorrow I am going to start a Lego of the week of something that the boys have built. 
 Now if they wouldn't cost so much. 




No comments:

Post a Comment