Sunday, August 10, 2014

Work Night at the Bee's


So last night was my company’s party at the Bee’s game. I love baseball, I love my family and I love my job (not in that order) and last night is an example of why I do. Every year they rent us a free pavilion or as like this year, a patio at the top of the stadium, with all the burgers and hot dogs you can eat. There is also soda and water on the house and free beer for the adults who want it (alas that is not all you can drink). Last night was the perfect night for baseball.
See look at that view. Mid 80’s, a little overcast and shade over your head, what else could you ask for? Just some great family fun at Triple-A baseball. Connor tried to eat his body weight in potato chips and kettle corn and probably succeeded. Alex drank his weight in Sprite that I’m sure of. For the record I did not drink my weight in beer (allegedly). The boys had some Dippin Dots (by the way when does that stop becoming the ice cream of the future? It’s been that way for 20+ years?)  and Connor wore some of his. 
The boys met Bumble.
To be honest I don’t remember much of the game. I know the Bee’s lost and there was a great play at the plate where our right fielder threw out a Chihuahua (yes I said a Chihuahua. They were from El Paso) at home plate. But tonight was seeing friends from work, letting the boys get giddy on sugar and junk food and if there is time, watch a ball game. We did make time for silly pictures before the fireworks.
All in all a great night for baseball, friends and family. My headache in the morning wasn’t even that bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment